hand-picked by Makeup Artist
Introducing NIOD Hydration Vaccine
Why you'll love it
by Makeup Artist
Have you noticed your fine lines looking a little deeper lately?
Or, when you touch your face, are you simply missing that 'bouncy' feeling you used to have…?
If so, then this skin-loving advanced hydrator could be your holy grail to plumper, softer, more youthful-looking skin!
NIOD Hydration Vaccine
When a client sits in my makeup chair, the first thing I do is touch their skin.
If it feels like it’s missing that youthful bounce, this product saves my back…
In fact, each time I use NIOD Hydration Vaccine on my clients, and they feel their skin after, they always ask what I’ve used to make their skin feel so bouncy… and to look visibly smoother (with fewer lines!)
…and not long after, this too becomes their new plumping skin saviour!
Because immediately upon application, fine lines appear smoother, and wrinkles are filled out and not as deep-set as before.
What makes this cream unique?
With daily use, NIOD Hydration Vaccine helps regulate and fix your skin’s hydration levels…
…helping you get back that feeling your skin once had!
The balmy, decadent and luxurious texture sits between a cream and a gel - and feels super silky and smooth!
It soaks straight into the skin, absorbing quickly and leaving the skin feeling amazingly hydrated, plump and bouncy once again!
Natural Moisturising Factors (NMF)
Whilst many creams contain oils and lubricants that simply mask the skin’s own barrier to water loss, the Hydration Vaccine actually mimics this natural barrier because it includes Natural Moisturising Factors (NMF).
NMF naturally occur in the outer layer of our skin (the epidermis) to help hydrate skin and are mainly composed of amino acids and minerals to protect against loss of hydration. As such, Hydration Vaccine respects the skin's own barrier by boosting an increased natural water content instead of trying to hide dehydration.
The NIOD Hydration Vaccine seals in the natural moisturising elements, preventing our skin from reduced levels of NMF, which can result in rough, flaky skin with more fine lines and wrinkles.
And that’s not all…
Not only is this your new secret to soothing dry skin, but it also makes the perfect primer, leaving your skin soft, smooth and radiant – the ideal base for your best complexion yet!
Plus, it contains lots of clever hydration-boosting ingredients derived from nature and is cleverly used through innovative technologies!
Blue Algae defends against water loss; Fungi Composite Organisms that help restore water storage, Burmese Mango Butter penetrates the skin (without making it oily!), and antioxidant Edelweiss extract prevents premature ageing along with anti-ageing peat moss…
…these are just a few of the multi-tasking, high-functioning ingredients that help Hydration Vaccine super-boost the look – and feel – of your skin!
You can’t stop ageing, but you can slow down the signs and be confident in the skin you are in today!
Get ready to revolutionise your skincare routine!
Here are just a few ingredients found in The NIOD Hydration Vaccine that will help your skin revive lost elasticity:
- N-acetyl glucosamine (used to make Hyaluronic Acid) helps fight and reverse signs of ageing, boosting collagen synthesis and making the skin firmer, more elastic and smoother. With increased levels of hyaluronic acid, your skin will look PLUMPER with fewer wrinkles
- Edelweiss (a rare Alpine flower) contains high levels of antioxidant activity, preventing premature skin ageing and helps your skin stay wrinkle-free, supple, and firm through the use of Himalayan Composite Flower Technology (through plant stem technology) that provides skin with moisture and suppleness, encouraging the skin to retain more water
- Xylitylglucoside Complex is a water-loving molecule that mimics how our natural skin locks in moisture, preventing tightness and flakiness; These humectant molecules trap free water for both an immediate and longer-term natural improvement in hydration
- Pseudoalteromonas is a bacterial species that helps improve the moisture of the skin with Fungi Composite Organisms, which help contribute towards anti-ageing, hydrating and firming qualities in the skin. Marine bacteria found in Antarctic mud possess skin-protecting and anti-ageing abilities to protect against dryness and redness. Iceland moss
- Blue Algae (Cetraria Islandica) is a hybrid between a fungus and algae and is used as a cleansing, emollient, smoothing and soothing agent. Using Blue Algae Molecular Film, a clever technology that relies on a “breathable” protective film, further helps to protect skin from excessive water loss
- Mango Butter, Squalane, Babassu Oil and Baobab Seed Oil are emollients that cleverly coat the skin, forming a moisture seal to provide relief from any dry feeling and, as a result, making the skin feel smoother and silkier. The Sonic Jet-dispersed Burmese Mango Butter is an advanced form of mango butter dispersion that saturates skin surface without leaving a greasy feeling leaving wrinkles and fine lines smoothed but without any greasy feeling; Baobab is rich in omega fatty acids that fight inflammation, making it perfect for sensitive or inflamed skin; Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory Babassu Oil is a non-fragrant nut oil that’s high in vitamin E and helps smooth and soften skin, and balancing both oily and dry skin; antioxidant Squalane helps prevent collagen loss and rejuvenate the skin for a youthful glow; and
- Peat Moss and Fern Extract help to moisturise and soften the skin! Icelandic Moss provides Natural Hydration Factors (NMF) that act as a universal anti-ageing treatment, while Sphagnum (peat moss) contains excellent moisture-retaining qualities that improve the skin’s elasticity to hydrate, replenish, soothe, and balances skin
- The result? Skin looks and feels more youthful, plump and bouncy from these incredible ingredients and innovative technologies!
SIZE: 50ml / 1.7 fl oz
About the brand: NIOD
NIOD (Non-invasive Options in Dermal Science) prides itself on bringing us new innovations ahead of the mainstream, combining the needs of modern-day skincare and pioneering next-generation beauty.
Their products are at the forefront of science and use several ingredients to help us look and feel youthful!
At Beauty and the Boutique...
We love beauty and animals – so you always know the products we sell are never tested on animals.
Fungi Composite Organisms and Blue Algae all helpt to contribute towards anti-ageing, hydrating and firming qualities in skin.
Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract is a strain of marine bacteria found in Antarctic mud which includes three amino acid residues (glycine, histidine and lysine). They possess skin-protecting and anti-ageing abilities for the perfect protection against dryness and redness. By stimulating protein synthesis, they promote skin regeneration and help improve moisture and smoothness of skin! The collagen and elastin included is also essential for younger looking skin. Forming a barrier to prevent its loss, these organisms are shown to reverse the visible loss of firmness due to low moisture content—simply by rebuilding water density. A highly clever and unique biotechnology-inspired approach to building 'water reservoirs' while supplementing NMF (Natural Moisturising Factors) within the skin. NMF, is mainly made up of amino acids and minerals, the skin's natural barrier against water loss, meaning instead of trying to mask dryness or dehydration, it respects the skin's own barrier to water loss.
More commonly known as Iceland moss, Cetraria Islandica is a hybrid between a fungus and an algea used for centuries in folk medicine in many countries against a number of conditions, including inflammatory conditions. In skincare, its used as a cleansing, emollient, smoothing and soothing agent. Using Blue Algae Molecular Film, a clever technology that relies on a 'breathable' protective film derived from an Antarctic Blue Algae, it further helps to protect skin from excessive water loss. When combined with supplemental water-retention technologies in the same formula, it can reduce trans-epidermal water loss significantly leading to more youthful and plmuper looking skin.
Peat Moss' hyaline cells act as a water tank, with polypody fern bio-molecules contains high concentrations of saponins which help to moisturise and soften the skin. Polypodium is a fern that forms part of the Hydractin active (a concentration of lichen, polypodium and Icelandic moss) that provides Natural Moisturising Factors (NMF) acting as a universal anti-aging treatment for a more youthful-looking complexion!
Sphagnum (peat moss) includes more than 100 species of mosses without leaves, roots or vasculatory system, meaning it needs large quantities of water to reach enough metabolic activity.
Peat has excellent moisture retaining qualities which improve the skin's elasticity. Peat effectively hydrates, replenishes, soothes, and balances skin at the cellular level while providing long-lasting hydration!
Edelweiss Extract (a rare Alpine flower) contains high levels of antioxidant activity which helps towards preventing premature skin ageing; in fact, it contains more antioxidant potency than Vitamin C which helps your skin stay wrinkle-free, supple, and firm! The Himalayan Composite Flower Technology (through plant stem technology) used in the Hydration Vaccine is a novel and unique innovation containing hydrating properties to provide skin with moisture and suppleness, encouraging the skin to retain more water. This wonderful antioxidant is a humectant with skin protecting qualities that will help your skin stay plump, bouncy and more supple!
This highly complex hyaluronic acid-precursor system is derived by enzymatic phosphorylation of N-acetyl-glucosamine through a green chemistry process. By supporting the skin's existing humectant components, it further contributes to Hydration Vaccine's overall goal in achieving hydration-retention, meaning that your skin will look plumper and with fewer wrinkles! With increased levels of hyaluronic acid, N-acetyl glucosamine helps fight and reverse signs of ageing, boosting collagen synthesis and making skin stonger, more elastic, smoother, and plumper.
Mango Butter, Squalane, Babassu Oil and Baobab are all emollients that cleverly coat the skin, forming a moisture seal to provide relief from any dry-feeling and as a result, making the skin feel smoother and silkier.
The Sonic Jet-dispersed Burmese Mango Butter is an advanced form of mango butter dispersion that saturates skin surface with mangiferin and caffeic acid without a greasy feeling that's typically associated with mango butter in its pure form leaving wrinkles and fine lines smoothed.
Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory Babassu Oil is a non-fragrant nut oil that's high in Vitamin E and helps smooth and soften skin, making it the ideal choice to moisturise dry, dehydrated skin and as an adaptive oil, it can be used by both oily and dry skin.
Vegetable Squalane is an antioxidant that helps prevent collagen loss and rejuvenate the skin, and because it’s so close to our skin’s own oil, it can help skin retain a youthful glow. Thanks to its hydrating and antioxidant properties, Squalane Oil can help improve the look of your skin’s texture. Baobab Seed Oil is extracted from the dried seeds of the Baobab tree, regarded as the largest succulent plant in the world!
Baobab oil is a rich source of omega fatty acids that fight inflammation, which makes it the perfect ingredient for sensitive or inflamed skin.
Two clever and skin-loving complexes for improved hydration!
Adaptive Flexo-Silicone Mesh Complex is a most intricate mesh formed by multiple next-generation advanced silicones with high spreadability. This complex aims to entrap water both within and under their mesh, sealing hydration in and environmental factors out. The adaptivity of this complex silicone form allows for extraordinary setting and diffusion of makeup applied subsequently if applicable.
Xylitylglucoside Complex is a water-loving molecule that mimics how our natural skin locks in moisture, preventing tightness and flakiness. Free water (both naturally present in the skin and supplemented water) are trapped by these humectant molecules for both an immediate and longer-term natural improvement in hydration over continued use.