Makeup Artist Approved Beauty
hand-picked by Makeup Artist
Introducing Skinician Ageless Overnight Retinol Powerbalm
Why you'll love it
by Makeup Artist
Want to slow down those wrinkles and fine lines…?
If you’ve never used retinol but have always wanted to try it, this cream is your perfect introduction!
Because it’s a little more gentle than other retinol products… yet still highly effective!
Whether you’re well versed in retinol or a novice, this is your answer:
Ageless Overnight Retinol Powerbalm!
Courtesy of Skinician, this ‘Ageless Overnight Retinol Powerbalm’ reduces signs of ageing gently by improving skin tone and texture, making your skin look rejuvenated, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, and fading pigmentation…
…but without the typical redness, breakouts, peeling and dryness stage!
The science bit...
But how does retinol really work?
Retinol very cleverly tricks the body into thinking it’s younger again and starts to act and look more youthful!
As we age, fine lines and wrinkles start appearing because our cell regeneration slows down, causing dryness, a dull complexion, and wrinkles to form.
Only very few things can help slow this process down, and retinol (a pure topical form of Vitamin A) is a real skin gamechanger – known as a powerhouse at fighting wrinkles and signs of ageing!
Once used regularly, retinol encourages the skin to produce more collagen - just like it did when under the age of 25!
More Collagen production means fine lines look less severe over time and skin regains a slightly firmer texture.
And that’s not all…
Retinol won’t turn back time altogether, but it will help slow the ageing process down and potentially help your skin look some years younger (when used consistently over time).
Plus, it helps plump the skin and shrink pores too!
Say hello to your 'old' younger skin once again!
Retinol also helps regulate oily skin, keeping pores from clogging, and reducing acne and pimples. When used consistently over time, it also evens the complexion, fades sunspots, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and dark spots too.
What makes the Powerbalm so unique?
Fortified with powerful clinically proven ingredients such as three Powerhouse Peptides – Dermapep™, Tetrapeptide, Tripeptide and active 0.1% retinol, the Powerbalm is a skin-loving force to be reckoned with!
When used overnight, the balm will actively reduce pigmentation, lines and wrinkles, and refine pores and firm skin…
…dramatically targeting signs of ageing while you sleep!
By cleverly increasing Collagen production, thickness of skin and firming the complexion, this ‘Retinol Powerbalm’ restores skin vibrancy by stimulating the production of new blood vessels in the skin, improving the complexion and softening rough patches of skin.
Enjoy brighter, more even, plumper and all-around fresher looking skin without the worry of damaging your skin!
So, if you’ve always wanted to try a retinol product but were afraid or unsure of its effects, then ‘Powerbalm’ may just be your new skincare regimen hero.
Don’t thank me, thank Skinician’s ‘Ageless Overnight Retinol Powerbalm’!
Results to expect:
- Gentle yet effective 0.1% retinol that is perfect as an introduction to retinol without the typical ‘irritation’ stage
- Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles when used consistently over time
- Reverses the signs of ageing by stimulating the production of collagen, elastin and Fibronectin to give you more youthful-looking skin
- Improves skin tone and clarity by reducing pigmentation, making your complexion look more balanced and even
- Encourages healthy skin cell renewal, so your complexion takes on the fresh, youthful glow again
- Minimises the appearance of pores by firming and tightening the skin
- Targets the signs of ageing overnight, so you know you’re giving skin a boost while you sleep!
- Fortified with clinically proven powerhouse ingredients to dramatically reduce fine lines and wrinkles, firm and plump, and even skin tone and texture
- Vitamin A (Retinol) – an antioxidant that boosts a healthy dermis and epidermis (the top two layers of your skin) that helps speed up healing, prevent breakouts and support the skin's immune system
- Shea Butter - an antimicrobial that helps to promote a healthy skin barrier, fight wrinkles and neutralise damaging free radicals to heal skin damage and improve skin moisture
- Allantoin - a natural anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory that helps soothe and calm the skin and counteract the skin's drying effect
- Contains a powerful blend of Active Retinol and 3 Powerhouse Peptides – Dermapep™, Tetrapeptied and Tripeptide
- Dermapep™ - a Retinoic Acid acting peptide (derived from Vitamin A) that refines pores, and stimulates collagen and elastin production for more youthful-looking skin!
- Tetrapeptide-3 - stimulates the growth of collagen and elastin to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and lead to firmer, younger-looking skin
- Tripeptide-1 - promotes the growth of dermal proteins, collagen and elastin and helps moisturise the skin and reduce the appearance of dark spots
About the brand: Skinician
Hilary McMurray and Shelley Martin are the entrepreneurial mother/daughter duo behind ‘Skinician’, an Irish skincare brand launched in 2012 to a clearer, less confusing approach to skincare in the modern world.
A lengthy collaboration with professional therapists and cosmeceutical pharmacists resulted in an exceptional skincare range that suits all skin types and delivers real and visible results. Skinician’s values are simplicity, results, inspiration, collaboration, and trust, with all its customers' needs at the centre of every decision.
At Beauty and the Boutique...
We love beauty and animals – so you always know the products we sell are never tested on animals.
Antioxidant Vitamin A stimulates the growth of dermal proteins, reducing the signs of ageing and stimulating cell renewal! It helps prevent breakouts and promote natural moisture to hydrate skin with a radiant glow. It also boosts a healthy dermis and epidermis (the top two layers of your skin). Vitamin A has proven to treat acne by unblocking hair follicle pores and regulating sebaceous gland activity for anti-acne and comedolytic benefits. Vitamin A helps speed up healing, prevent breakouts and support the skin's immune system.
DermaPep™ is a Retinoic Acid acting peptide (derived from Vitamin A) that refines pores, stimulates collagen and elastin production for more youthful-looking skin! It inhibits melanin synthesis with an anti-inflammation effect against UV damage. Our body naturally produces Retinoic acid and can treat acne and other skin conditions to help with age spots, wrinkles, and pigmentation on the face. Retinoic acid slows down the ageing process by exfoliating skin and boosting collagen for firmer skin.
Tetrapeptide-3 stimulates the growth of collagen and elastin to strengthen the Dermal and Epidermal junction - more collagen can reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and lead to firmer, younger-looking skin. With its anti-ageing effect, it can improve skin elasticity and volume while reducing skin roughness.
Tripeptide-1 promotes the growth of dermal proteins, collagen and elastin - and more collagen can lead to firmer, younger-looking skin with less fine lines and wrinkles! Proven to increase the skins natural healing process, Tripeptide-1 is beneficial in moisturising the skin and may help reduce the appearance of dark spots.
Skin-loving Shea Butter is an all-around skin-saving hero! Being an antimicrobial, it helps to promote a healthy skin barrier and helps fight wrinkles by protecting against harmful UV rays. Shea Butter contains skin healing and moisturising properties that help reduce inflammation, soothe and calm the skin. Shea Butter also contains Vitamin E, an antioxidant that neutralises damaging free radicals to heal skin damage and improve skin moisture.
Allantoin (extract from the root of the comfrey plant) is a natural anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory, which helps to soothe and calm the skin and counteract the skin's drying effect. If you suffer from sensitive, irritated skin, then the skin-saving protectant Allantoin is your answer!